This is a simple and easy recipe to prepare delicious soup of Celery and Carrot.Celery is considered as a vegetable packed with lot of nutrients and minerals.This is salty in taste…Know more about this vegetable after the recipe…
Things you need
Celery sticks – 2 slightly peeled and chopped
Carrot – 1 peeled and chopped
Onion – 1 sliced
Garlic – 1 pod
Bay leaf – 1
Fresh milk -250 ml
Butter – 1” cube
Salt – as per taste
White pepper – 1/8 tsp
Heat a sauce pan and add butter to it,lower the flame and add the crushed garlic,onion,bay leaf and saute 2 mins.
Now add the washed and chopped celery and carrot pieces and stir 2-3 mins,add 2 cups of water and simmer.Cook till tender,cool remove the bay leaf and discard.Then blend in a blender to get smooth puree of celery and carrot and keep aside.(If you can’t take all the fibre strain and add to milk).
Now place the same sauce pan and add milk to it and bring to boil,add the pureed mixture salt and pepper to the pan and stir well lower heat and simmer 5 mins .
Turn of heat and pour into soup serving dishes, garnish with thin strips of carrot and celery and a dallop of creme(optional)
To Know More About Celery Read This….
Celery is widely used in various forms of dishes or even eaten raw.The whole plant is useful for our human body.
- The leaves are used in salads.
- The stalks are used in soups and juices.
- The root is used as vegetable and is also called as Celeriac.
- The Celery Seeds oil is used in perfumes.
This celery is:
- High in Dietary Fibre.
- High in Natural salt.
- High in Vitamins A,B2,B5,B6,C,K
- High in minerals, Calcium,phosphorous,magnesium and potassium
- Low in calories and Cholesterol
To get more Celery into your diet
- Add more celery while preparing meat or vegetable broth
- Add to juices and other veg dishes
- Eat raw celery sticks as a healthy snack.
- Serve salads with low fat dressings.